Monday, April 30, 2018

Week 40 - Atacames - It's Gonna Be May

Those of you that were near me this last April/May will understand this joke. If not, I will send a link down below. 

This week has been an amazing week of many miracles. To put some short, one of our investigators can finally progress towards a baptismal date, we have seen many of the beauties of the Earth as we walk on the beach (from and to appointments of course), and all the amazing lessons we have had as we try to focus on blessings specific for people.

We also had some, interesting moments. The first happened this last Friday. We were sitting, studying and cooking that night, when we saw lights turn off in Atacames, then our street, then our house, then our fans, then our cooking unit (yes, not all at once). Everything was in complete darkness. We later heard that Esmeraldes was as well. We decided to go out on our balcony and look at the lightning that was coming towards us, as did many of our neighbors. I guess lightning isn't that common here, or in Peru as my companion has told me. It was actually kind of cool and my companion and I agreed we want it to happen again. 

The other interesting is when I was attacked by a bear. And it sounds cooler if I say bear but it was just a dog. There are no bears here. We were going to one of the houses we eat lunch at and this dog started barking at us. Here is where it turns funny. It was very aggressive and was starting to get closer to me. I tried to back up but ran into a pile of dirt and slipped onto my back as the dog jumped onto my leg. Other than a heart beating fast, nothing really happened. The sister that was there felt really sorry, but I informed her I thought it was funny. One of the sons, who didn't see anything, asked why I was dirty on my back. I can't help but laugh at just how funny everything turned out. 

I have started teaching an English class here in Atacames (with the hope to find more people to teach lessons, and baptize). It started out, okay. My english is no very good ;). That's what happens when someone speaks a different language for a lot of time (9 months and five days to be exact, but who's counting?). 

We had a special conference as the North West area of South America. We heard some people speak in spanish that I don't think we will ever hear speak spanish again (however Elder Ballard was translated). It Something that I liked is that Elder Ballard challenged everyone to read 3 Nephi (the entire book) and see just how many times it mentions minister or "one by one". I hope that you and I can join as we read and study the passages.

We saw a turtle as well. That was cool. 

I hope all are well and all of you are reading the Book of Mormon every day. I know that they focused on that as well during the conference. I liked how one sister said "When we think of the Book of Mormon, we should think of power" I have seen the power of the Book of Mormon as we have invited people to read it and to receive the blessings that come from it. I know that the Book or Mormon really does have power. Love you all!

p.s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQMlWwIXg3M  (It's Gonna Be Me- NSYNC)
 
Me, in a cave

A really cool picture

For those that think I am "tan"                                  We couldn't climb it.

 Finding the Nephite plates of the people here in Atacames

Another really cool picture

I try to be funny sometimes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment