Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 36 - Atacames - Are We There?

Hello everybody! I hope you all had an excellent Easter and General Conference weekend.

I think I had the same reaction as many people have writtten to me. Wow. Just, wow. What a great time we live in! We are literally in the last days. I hope all of you could feel and see that. How I do love the Gospel and the way it can bless people. And I sure do love our prophet, Pres. Russell M. Nelson. I know he will never guide us in the wrong path. For the reason, we can truly see he is hastening His work. The second coming is even closer at hand. I hope and pray that we all might prepare, as the purpose of Ministring, to meet God. 

Everything has been great here. My companion, Elder Garces, got changed and is now in Ipiales, Colombia (part of our mission). It was very unexpected, but I'm grateful for the lessons I learned from him. I received Elder Sangay (San-guy). He is from Peru and just came our of his first twelve weeks. It will be another companion just out of his training, but it is usually them who have good, and new, ideas.

Love you all! Sorry that there won't be pictures, I don't have much time for the reason of waiting for my companion to get here. Take care!

--Elder Ogden--


(I had asked Stanley if it makes him homesick to hear about the family going-on's and if he would rather hear mostly spiritual uplifting messages instead.  I also told him how much I loved General Conference and my emotional, tender feelings during the solemn assembly as well as attending the Jordan River Temple Open House.  This is his response:)

There certainly was a special feeling as all the members, around the world, stood, looked at our prophet, and put our arm to the square as a physical representation of our love and devotion to his teachings. How I love the character he brings and the joy and excitement he has shown to advance the work here. The temple looks beautiful. We watched the World Report and got to see some videos on the inside. It looks amazing. I'm so excited for the new temples that were announced, and yes, even the new one in Utah. I loved that statement from Elder Renlund as well. 

As for your question. I'm sure it is different for every missionary, but I do enjoy hearing what everyone is doing. In a way, I feel that I'm not really missing out on anything because I am still connected to the family. I know my companion before was a little too focused on his life before the mission. However, I have an amazing family and amazing friends who helped me to focus on my mission, before my mission. I know that stood out to me more than anything this last change. I would love to receive more spiritual guidance from my mother and receive news of my siblings as well. Whichever is easiest for you!

Love you!
--Elder Ogden--

No comments:

Post a Comment