Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 38 - Atacames - Dos Semana Carta :D

Lo siento muchísimo. This last week we had only thirty minutes to write, because we were late getting to the cyber. For that many of you did not receive a letter for this last week. My apologies. But, I am alive and am doing well. So this will be a much longer letter. Prepare yourself.

We had another baptism here! We helped Nixon Arce to make this important and sacred covenant with God. I had the great privilegde to baptize him. It was an interesting baptism. Due to the season that we are in, there isn't that much water that comes into the houses, or church buildings. Our Zone Leaders got there early to start filling up the font. However, after an hour and a half, there was barely enough water to cover the bottom. After fiddling with some more things, climbing onto the roof, and pushing buttons, we finally got the baptismal font filled up. I also had the honor of confirming Nixon a member and giving him the gift of the Holy Ghost. This was my first time I have ever given a confirmation, and honestly wasn't expecting it. It was a neat experience filling the Holy Ghost fill into my spirit and tell me what I needed to bless Nixon with. And yes, I followed the counsel of Pres. Nelson and blessed Nixon in the way priesthood holders should. Just incase anyone was wondering.

We also had a service the morning before the baptism. It was so awesome helping out the members with their project. We even got to play a little fútbol. However, if one looses monkey-in-the-middle, one has to dance. Due to rules of the mission, I informed them I would not be dancing. Guess I'll just be "forced" to come back to the coast.

Many people are very receptive here. We have been able to find many new people here with a lot of potential. But, of course, being obedient helps with that immensly. I know I have seen the blessings of when we are obedient and the consequences when we are not. That is one thing our mission wants to focus in from now on, being exactly obedient in the small things. Some small, but in reality major, things and praying and reading scriptures every day. If you aren't doing it, do it. That is when we invite revelation into our lives and can help better our families, wards, and communities. 

I had two experiences I want to share with you, one awesome and the other...well interesting. The first was during an appointment we had. The investigator we were with lives right next to the beach and, without a man older than 18, we teach outside. As we were teaching, our investigator looked out into the sea and exclaimed with enthusiams, Look! We looked and saw a dolphin (Nephi reference Chapters 11-19). It then appeared and disappeared again into the sea. It was a very cool thing to see, especially so close to us. The other was during our interviews with President Murphy. I don't know why, but he likes me to go first. I had gotten done when the Sister missionaries arrived. President had told us that the Sisters would need help bringing a microwave into their house. Since I was that first one to start, and finish, my interview, I would be the one to do it; during my companion's interview. It was the first, and probably the last, time I was alone with the Sister missionaries. We had President's permission, but I still felt pretty weird about it all. 

I hope you all have a great, safe week! If any of you are listening to the news of Ecuador, there are some crazy things going on. But, we are very safe here and I know that we are protected by the Lord. Love you all!

--Elder Ogden--
p.s. If you haven't been looking at the news of Ecuador, this isn't an invitation to start. It was just a help. :)

---No pictures this week. The computer wants to delete them all. Maybe next week!---

No comments:

Post a Comment