Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 39 - Atacames - Wow; Esta Muy Bonita

This week we got to explore a little bit more of our sector and the coast. I have to say, we live in a very beautiful area. We were out trying to see if there were houses nearby that we could knock on and I realized just how green everything was. Not only was everything green but all the flowers were beautiful and everything was so peaceful. It is like a tropical paradise! I'm sure that helps you not feel even more jealous :)

  Since we are literally on the coast, the majority of places have hotels. Well, that makes it difficult to knock on houses when there aren't that many (but I have thought many a time of the talk by Elder Uchtdorf "Fourth Floor, Last Door"). There is actually a street that leads to the grand Diamond Hotel which is five huge buildings that look really nice. For our P-Day, we played football on the beach right in front of these hotels. It is very nice. 

This week I also have interchanges with our district leader. I know it is really nice to have a latino companion, but it is awesome to have a gringo companion as well. We spent most of the time talking about food, but what more could you expect from two Mormon boys. We did have some fun as well. Since many people like to ask for money, or rob you, some of the kids have learned how to as well. We were out contacting when this little kid (of maybe 10 years) called out to us that we should give him ten cents. My gringo companion, Elder McKinnon, then replied "Me parezco Banco Pichincha" (Banco Pichincha is one of the biggest banks we have. It is named after a huge mountain, I think). The best part wasn't that two gringos outschooled a latino in Spanish, it was that his friend and some random guy passing by started laughing as well. We both looked at each other and started laughing as well. 

Well I hope that all of you have a good week. I can't believe how fast time is flying. It is crazy that soon we will be in May. 


Just some days on the beach.


My pineapple ice cream

Me and my companion at the beach

Our river

Our lizard friend. They are everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment