Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 64 - Quito - Nos Vemos Ibarra, Bienvenidos a la Sierra

So I haven't told you that there were changes these past couple of times, mainly because I thought I for sure wasn't going to get changed or that there would be any changes. However, I am currently writing in Quito as I got transferred to the capital. It went by too quick my time with Elder Ellington, but I'm excited for the work he is going to do there in Ibarra. I'm now with Elder Cuevas from Peru. We are both Zone Leaders in the zone Ofelia. Just the first day with this new responsibility has been something very stressful, but work. I'm looking forward to what this has to offer. 

This last week we had companion exchanges. I went with the other trainer in my district, which left our trainees together. I wasn't worried about them at all, but everyone else seemed to be really worried. We found out that they were right. So in our house, we have two doors. One for the house. One to enter the building. We had given the keys to the trainees so that they could go in and do some studies. We got a call from them just right as we were about to go out and work telling us that they locked themselves within those two doors. They had left their keys within the house so couldn't open up the outside door to leave and were currently trapped. We then had to go looking for a guy that could pick a lock. They were stuck in "middle earth" for an hour and a half when we could free them. It was actually really funny and is something I don't think we'll let them forget.

As many of you may know, as missionaries, planning is very important to us. We set up a goal and make plans on how we will achieve those, so that way we can view our progress and if we completed our goals and plans and if we should increase them. However, there are times that someone wants to do something, doesn't plan until the last minute, and it is a flop. I've had this experience with missionaries and with members. Please, plan things. It goes so much easier and everyone is much happier when we are able to do that. That is probably the one lesson I have learned in my mission, making and keeping goals and plans. I know if you set goals and make plans, the balance that we all look for will be reached. If you maybe need help in that sense, check out Chapter 8 of Preach My Gospel. It teaches the principles of using your time wisely. 

Love you all. Crazy we are almost in November. How fast time is going now.

No comments:

Post a Comment