Monday, October 15, 2018

Week 62 - Ibarra - Cumpleaños Enfermedad y Verificaciones

This week was a great week to celebrate a big Two-O. However, the entire day, I was pretty sick. It actually started in the morning, before eating cake. But, we have some awesome missionaries and members that made it still a special day. We had two districts together this last Tuesday, and it just so happened to be one hermana's birthday as well. We got a double birthday! That's the picture with a bunch of people in it. Cake and brownies. Well, that didn't help my sickness. Then after a while, some members wanted to join us for the appointments we had that day. When we showed up, they also had a birthday cake, and a present, waiting for us. Second cake. They gave me some cuff links and a tie clip. It was super nice of them to give and I enjoyed them very much. However, that didn't help even more so with the sickness. And to top it off, almost literally, some members gave us a third cake (different because it was homemade). Well, I didn't eat the third one because I knew there would be no way. It rained for most of the day which honestly was so great! It has been too perfect these past couple of weeks with just nice sunny skies and beautiful days. It was nice for it to be rainy and gloomy (I know how weird that sounds but it isn't fun not having seasons). I know many of you may be wanting that as you are going into fall, but trust me, here it is nice to not have good days.

We also my companion's first verifications. I don't know if I have explained it before, but basically we just make sure that they can teach lesson one, that they are progressing, and have them go sightseeing (to the place where President Kimball dedicated Ecuador for teaching) while us trainers got to sit in a three hour training. How fun. But now everything is settling down and we'll have a calmer week this week, I hope.

Love you all. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Hope you all enjoy the cold and wet season!!!




One of the cakes

The awesome members 

The gift they gave

No comments:

Post a Comment