Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 60 - Ibarra - Nuevito y Servicio

This week my companion and I had companion exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Aquino (Elder here no). He was a super fun guy to work and learn from. There was one point that we were going to the only lesson we had that day. I had told him that I was going to pretend to be a new missionary. It was super funny. I kept looking at him to "make sure" that I was saying the right thing. People than told me that my spanish wasn't that good but that I should keep working on it. It was funny, because at one point in the lesson, one of the people asked if I knew Kichua (the language of the natives). So I replied "Ñuca shooti Elder Ogden. Ima shoota kangi?" (My name is Elder Ogden. What is your name? One of the only phrases I know in Kichua). The people were super surprised, and that is when Elder Aquino lost it and laughed. It was so great. I then explained that I have more than a month in Ecuador. 

We had an opportunity this week to do a District Service. It was a blast. We cleaned up this plaza that had a bunch of trash and rocks. While we were cleaning, we did get to contact quite a bit of people. It was so much fun. And of course, we got ice cream afterwards. Yes, a picture will be included.

I wanted to share a video of me bearing my testimony, but the video was too long to send. So I'll just write it here. Being out on my mission, I've learned many things about prayer. Prayer is such a huge gift that I have come to love even more during my mission. I have come to grow a profound love as well for the scriptures. I know the scriptures are the gateway to knowledge and answers. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, saved for us at this time to learn from and to share. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, prepared to come to the Earth to open up the dispensation of the fullness of times. I know that President Russel M. Nelson is a prophet of God. I love him. I'm excited to hear his counsel this upcoming weekend. I know Christ lives. He is our Savior. He died for us so that we might live. He is the reason why there is hope, joy, and peace. I know that what I'm doing is the Lord's work. Not mine. Not President Murphy's (mission president) or President Nelson's. The Lord's. I love you all so much. I miss you all so much. But I know that God is protecting you. Love you all and remember me when watching General Conference! 

Mi hijito
  
Servicio

VR (yes, we got permission from President) 

Thai Book of Mormon

Ibarra

Bagel breakfast (they don't have bagles here so this was such a wonderful surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment