Monday, July 23, 2018

Week 50 - Ibarra - El Amor Para La Familia

We had a power outage, again. However, it seemed like it was just a street, the street that we live on and the church is on. As the small Meeteetse ward had their "church on the river" I thought about how we were returning to the times of the church when it started because the mic didn't work. It was difficult at times, but it was still spiritually uplifting. 

As many of you might know, our sector is pretty much right on the Imbabura volcano. We walk up and down this volcano every day. Very rarely do we take a bus (because, no money). However, we feel fairly fit as we do so. We were actually walking with some members that were getting tired the more we walked and asked us how we don't get tired. I told them what a friend had told me, during the mission we get spiritually tired more than physically tired. I believe it is true and it is because we need to use all our might, mind, and strength. So, the spirit might be helping us out with that. 

I have come to realize, during my time on the mission, the importance of family. It is truly the foundation of God's plan, with Christ in the center of that plan. We must have a good, strong family relationship if we want to have a good, strong (and might I include happy) life on Earth and eternal life in the life to come. I sure do love my family and love all of you for the support and lessons you have given me. Enjoy Pioneer Day as you reflect on Pioneer stories that can help you and think of how you can be a pioneer in your life. Love you all!

p.s. No pictures, forgot the camera đŸ˜„

No comments:

Post a Comment