Monday, July 2, 2018

Week 47 - Ibarra - Hijo de mis Padres

Howdy ya'll! Hope everyone is ready for Fourth of July celebrations. I know we are!

This week has been full of traveling, which isn't great having a brand new sector. I thankfully was able to get to everywhere safely. It started with a full day of travels on Monday (Atacames to Esmeraldes to Quito to Otavalo to Ibarra) and then having to travel to Quito for a District Leader training. A lot of traveling means a lot of tiredness.

Now some more information I know that most of you are wanting. First about Ibarra. It is in the area we call el Campo, but it is more city than anything. It has been super awesome going out and finding and meeting some people who are very interested. We are also right on the Imbabura volcano. So, it is a lot of climbing up and not much climbing down until the end of the day. But, what is probably the best part is how willing the members are to help us out. We have at least two lessons with members every day and we found even more members want to help us out. We are super excited for that! Now, more about my companion. My companion, Elder Porlles, is from Lima, Peru. He is a convert to the church and was baptized about three years ago. However, despite the limited membership time, he knows a lot about scriptures and doctrine. I am very anxious to work with him and learn from him. 

The title of this email comes from a lesson we had the other day. I was on splits with our Mission Leader and we were teaching a part-member family, where the father has just rejoined the church and his wife is learning more. We found out last week that they really enjoy the thought of an eternal family. I was sharing about my thoughts and feelings about how awesome it is to know that we can live with our family forever, when I started to cry. I guess I really am the son of my parents (some of you will understand that. Others...just take my word for it). It wasn't a bad thing, but I know I received a reaffirmation that families really can be together forever, through Heavely Father's plan and the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I love you all and hope you have a fun, and safe, Independence Day!

--Elder Ogden--
1 Nefi 4:7 "No obstante, seguí adelante"
  


Elder Johnson's parents were picking him up and sent us this picture of Stanley with their son:

Here are some pictures from District Leader Training:



No comments:

Post a Comment