Monday, July 9, 2018

Week 48 - Ibarra - Soy un POCO diferente

This week, more traveling, but it was some great training that we, and I, were able to receive. We had our Zone Conference this week and things went well. I certainly learned a lot that I need to do to help out our District. We also had our leadership council as a Zone and we are elevating our goals and visions to achieve greater things which I am very happy and excited about. 

We go with members a lot here in Ibarra. One of the members we go with, more common than not, is a brother and a sister (the brother is almost mission age!). They have been helping out the missionaries ever since they were baptized. They've even tried to help bring more people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ through references and their example. However, being with a lot of missionaries a lot of the time, helps them to recognize different characteristics. And turns out that mine is that I am different. The sister told me that. I hope that it is a good different (more focused, more outgoing, more open, etc.) than a bad different (not focused, quiet, shy, etc.).

We also played a bunch of sports this week which was awesome! The Elder's Quorum set up an activity on Saturday that we went to, hoping that our investigators would come. We don't know why they didn't, but it was great to bond with the Quorum. I also scored the "Golden Goal" (the goal to finish off a long game). And for those that are wanting to know, it was a header ;). 

I have noticed something throughout my mission that was even more apparent to me this week. It is very important, and very rewarding, to find "The One". We have a lot of doors that are shut in our face here in El Campo. But all of those doors shut are forgotten when one person accepts us. We had some hard lessons this week as well, and it helped us out when we had an awesome lesson with "The One". So look for the one. This doesn't mean the "one meant for you for all of eternity". But look for the one, the one who needs a friend, the one who is struggling, or the one that could use a helping hand. I know that as we all do so, we will be blessed with peace and happiness in our lives, despite our circumstances.

Sorry, no pictures for this week. Next week you'll have to see the hamburgers my companion and I made for the Fourth of July! Love you all!





 --Elder Ogden--
1 Nefi 4:7 "No obstante, seguí adelante"

No comments:

Post a Comment