Monday, January 1, 2018

Week 23 - Cotacachi - Fast but Ready

¡Feliz año nuevo! Espero que pueden tener un prospero nuevo año. This last year went by so fast, but there were so many good memories. I also have many awesome memories to come! 

I have come to love the song, I'm Trying to be Like Jesus. As I have looked back on the year and all I accomplished and became, I realized just how much I didn't accomplish and didn't become. I lack a lot. However, this song has stood out to me. I'm trying to be like Jesus. I'm following in his ways. The Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts saying love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought. For, these are, the things Jesus taught. I hope that the goals you have set, or will set ;), will help you to grow your relationship with your God and my God and that you can become more like your Christ and my Christ.

For me to make my seven goals that I have, we had to have time. We ended up needing to be in our house by 3:00pm yesterday. Because of how crazy things were and the danger we were putting ourself in, we returned an hour earlier. Things are crazy here during these last two weeks. People blew off fireworks this Christmas, and continued to do so until the New Year. Not only that, people drink, a lot, and dress as women to get money from people driving. I've heard that it is a thing in all of South America. ¿Interesante es no?

We have been working with refrences from the members a lot this last week. We have been very successful with that. I hope that all of you can help out the missionaries by giving them names of friends, coworkers, or family that are not members, but that you would like for them to teach and visit. It'll help advance the work a lot if you are able to do this. 

Love you all and hope you have a great year and are able to become better this year!

--Elder Ogden--

I asked Stanley to send me a picture of him in his Christmas jammies we sent him so I can put it as part of our Christmas ornament for this year. Here he is strutting his stuff:


Venezuelan Pizzas. Never thought about using a tortilla for crust but was good. 

Our volcano Cotacachi with snow. Reminds of snow capped mountains.

My snowman I built today near volcano Cayambe.

No comments:

Post a Comment