Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 25 - Cotacachi - Miracles

Mis querido hermanos mios,

This week we saw a huge miracle, one that has grown my faith more than I can say. We have had a hard time contacting people and finding new people to teach. We started out this week with absolutely nobody. These last three days, we were able to find ten! We were in a community that is "close" to Cotacachi and went to find references from members. It didn't start out great; the member we were planning to join us wasn't home and a huge fog came in (because we were on the Cotacachi volcano, really high up). However, it all changed with our first door. We knocked and the hermano immediately let us inside to share a short message with him. He then pointed us to the directions of a lot of people we needed to pass by. After that, we taught two and two until we needed to go home. It was an absolute miracle and blessing, one that will help me throughout my mission.

It was interesting walking back. It is about an hour walk back to our house so we had to leave fairly early before 8 to, hopefully, be in the house by 9. However, my flashlight ran out of batteries and so we had only my companion's flashlight to help guide us. My flashlight ended up working, but right when we were back into the lights when my companion's light was just out of batteries as well. It was very interesting, but gladly safe.

We also had the opportunity to watch the funeral of our beloved prophet, in Spanish of course. I loved it and how much it was focused on the man the prophet was and the example we can follow from it. We also will have a chance to watch and listen to our new prophet tomorrow and hear his counsel and his words.

I hope and pray that all is well in wherever you are living and I hope this week we all can see the little miracles in our life. Love you all!

--Elder Ogden--

No pictures for this week because I forgot my SD Card converter and this computer doesn't have any input for an SD Card. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment