Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 26 - Cotacachi - Almost Six Months...

It has been a crazy fast time as I near my six months since being here in Ecuador. This week was no exception.

I have realized that I do not like confrontation at all, especially when people challenge my beliefs. We have ran into some missionaries from other churches that, I believe, are trying to convert US. It has been very interesting. I've realized that I don't like it because I start to literally shake. But, I know what is right. I know the path God wants me to follow. 

I hope you all got to watch the special conference with our new prophet President Russell M. Neilson. I love and sustain him and his two new counselors. I know that he is called by God and is the only man to hold all the keys of the priesthood as Christ established in his church. We can learn so much from his past teachings (especially this last conference about the Book of Mormon) and from his future teachings.

Yesterday was a very interesting day. I guess my mind was out of the world, which isn't a good thing. We headed to a community that is 30 minutes away, so I usually sleep. When we arrived, my companion and I slept for 10 minutes after. We were lucky the bus didn't leave with us on it. We went to the appointments, and headed back to Cotacachi for another community. We arrived and took a bus to another "city" to go to the community. The problem is, we needed to just stay Cotacachi. So, I ended up paying for the taxi because it was my fault we went farther away from the community. We then started walking to our appointment. I started walking to an appointment we had more in the night rather the one right then. I couldn't help but laugh at how funny it all was. It did, however, take forever to get to our appointment, when it wasn't necessary. 

I hope all of you had a great week!
--Elder Ogden--

Llama face! 

My companion offering a sacrifice, me

I like this

Polaca. Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment