Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 67 - Quito - Trabajando con Cemento

This week was another week I got to do something that I don't think I'll ever get the opportunity to do again: remodelying with cement. All of the houses here are made of cement (because it is cheaper). That means inside the house it gets really hot when it is hot outside or really cold when it is cold outside. We were invited to help out with a service activity, and I happly agreed (I wasn't with my companion at that moment; companion exchanges). What they didn't tell me is that we would have to help them remodel the door frame with cement. Really, neither I nor my companion knew how to do it, but my companion had seen his dad work on it so he new the justs of it. I was just his apprentice. When we ended, we actually did a great job and were able to fix the problem. Something I don't think I'll ever have to do.

With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I hope that we all remember the many blessings God has given us. I know I am greatful for this Gospel, for where I am and what I am doing, and all of you for giving me support, motivation, and humor in some moments. Most of all, I'm so very greatful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the example and sacrifice he gave so that we too may become like Him. Thank you all so much!

Not sure if any of you heard but it snowed in near the center of Quito this week. Some say we may get a white christmas (something that never happens). My companion and I are praying the snow will come to us! 






No comments:

Post a Comment