Monday, November 12, 2018

Week 66 - Quito - #ÉxitoEnElEsfuerzo

So I found out more cool things about Quito, specifically our ward. We have an ex-member of the quorum of the seventy (Hermano Araya), the web designer for the church for Ecuador, and possibly the new Temple President for the Quito temple. Pretty cool, right? With the Quito temple, the man that is leaving this week to be trained to be the Quito temple president informed us that the property is bought. I'm fairly certain it is outside of our sector, but I'm not 100%. I'm just happy we are hearing more and more things that are happening.

I also learned a lesson this week about effort versus results. I have been struggling quite a bit to not focus on numbers and not base my success on such. I just sat, at one point during my personal studies, and just meditated about the importance of effort. I realized that as a society, we focus a lot on results: if someone doesn't get a good test score than they failed, or if the stocks of one company dramastically decreases, the company faces the reality of going out of business. However, what I did realize is that those that have been, and are, successful have never given up. We see many examples of this in the Book of Mormon (Ammon, Alma the younger, Nephi, just to name a few). At first, they didn't have the result wanted. But they understood the importance of a consistent effort, giving their all. And so, I learned that lesson the most this last week and have focused more on such. Because of that, I feel better at night, knowing that I gave the best effort I could. Thank you President for your help!  

Hope you all had a great Veteran's Day and have a great week. Love you all!

Alpargates

Who's excited for two hours???

The ward I left in Ibarra

Four elders one house

Just doing what we do

New companion

Normal Quito

No comments:

Post a Comment