Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 44 - Atacames - Así es la Misión

We finally saw an iguana! I wasn't able to get a picture of it, because it was too fast, but it was long. We have heard that there are a lot here in the coast, but it was the first that we have seen. 

We came to find out that I look like I'm 32. I don't understand how, or why, but many people are surprised when I tell them that I am only 19 years old. However a lot of people here also look a lot older here. We have had many contacts that a young lady answers, we ask her age, and she tells us 14/15. We usually walk away and discuss that we thought she was 18/19. Maybe that is what people think when they see us. 

We had two conferences this week. One Zone Conference (for the mission) and one Stake Conference. It was two very uplifting and edifying days. We, as a companionship, learned a lot about what we need to do better and how we need to better help out our investigators. We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and the Sabbath Day. It is very important for us to remember that the Book of Mormon, as stated by Joseph Smith, "Is the most correct book than any other book and anyone can come close to God by following its precepts than any other book in the world." Must be important to read if it is the most correct book in the world, right?

As I have continued reading the Book of Mormon, I am right in the middle of Alma the younger's council (if that isn't spelled right, it has been 10 months) to his sons. I have found many same teachings within these chapters (Alma 36-41). If you would like to read them, you can also see many examples and teachings we should live by: more purity, learning, retaining a remission of our sins. I am sure you will learn just as much, or more, as I learned while reading these teachings from a father to his sons.

I love you all! I hope you can enjoy the summer and the activities that are associated with. Take care this week!
--Elder Ogden--
1 Nefi 4:7 "No obstante, seguí adelante"
  

  

When I fell


Panoramic view

Jam out session

A boat we found

Me and my companion


Us in the sun

I want to go so bad

A giant soccer ball we found on the island we visited today

PIctures from Muisne - Pictures from the island we visited today


No comments:

Post a Comment