Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 45 - Atacames - No le creo

This week we saw this huge rainbow, probably one of the biggest I have seen. It also just so happened that we saw the beginning of a second rainbow as well. From what my companion told me, rainbows are not very common here. However, my companion stated that he even saw the beginning of a third rainbow. I don't know what a double rainbow means, but a triple rainbow would be awesome.

We had an awesome experience of going and teaching in one of the huge hotels we have here. The guy was a reference from a member and he works/lives in the Hotel Playa Azul. It was pretty cool. I did see a tennis court and thought about asking to see if we could play on it. 

Also, I found that not only do I look like I am thirty-two, but that I look like a police officer. We were walking back from a lesson with some members when this group of kids walk by. We heard them whispering "policía, policía". The sisters thought it was pretty funny. I wanted to look back and say, I'm not a police officer, I'm FBI. But, I decided it was better not to. It is probably very different for people here to see a tall white guy walking around town that can understand (and speak) spanish. 

Yesterday, we were able to get the Ensigns (here Liahonas) from the General Conference talks this last March/April. I am so excited to read the talks again from this last great and spiritually filled conference. I also have enjoyed reading more about our prophet Russel M. Nelson. He is an amazing man, who it spiritually strong and very positive. I love him and am excited to learn from the teachings God is wanting us to hear. I'm so very greatful for the prophets and apostles we have on the earth. We have the ability to know exactly what we should do from fifteen amazing men. I hope that you can also listen to these inspired talks given to us.

I love you all. Crazy that June is just about to end (because we are already past the middle). Hope everyone enjoys the summer weather, hot dogs, hamburgers...

Speaking of, I forgot a lot of American food and am tired of eating almost the same food every day (for almost a year. crazy right?). If you want to share with me your favorite food (preferably that doesn't take long to cook and doesn't have a lot of ingredients) I would appreciate that. I just need help remembering.

With love,




 --Elder Ogden--
1 Nefi 4:7 "No obstante, seguí adelante"
  


I forgot to mention this, we almost burned down our house. Funny story, maybe for another time.

This is the food we made before, and after, almost burning down our house.


A cool penny shot, not sure how I did it.

Me in a hamaca

Someone but the part that should be inside outside. Whoops.

When you have a fever and want it to break

Our Branch activity (we aren't in it but that is our branch. Not everyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment