Monday, May 21, 2018

Week 42 - Atacames - Examine Personal

This week, really not much happened. We did get to set up some more baptismal dates this week which we are super excited about. The best part, some of them attended Sunday!

We had a fun time watching the tide change during this week. However, one day, it got so close that there actually wasn't any sand for us to walk on. We stood on some stairs to watch and this huge wave came and splashed on us. Well, the people that were watching with us thought it was funny.

I don't know why, but we realized that a lot of the couples here are very strange. Girls (12-15) will leave school and their boyfriends (18-21) will be waiting outside for them. It is really really strange. It is such a big age gap. But, cultures are different in different parts of the world.

Our English class isn't going too great. We only had one sister in the ward show up, just because she likes learning. We ended up just talking the entire hour about our life and events going on in the ward. 

I had some time this week to do some personal reflextion. I am proud to report, I have grown a lot since beginning my mission, almost ten months ago. I also realized a lot of my weaknesses before aren't quite strengths. I'll have a lot more work to do. If you get the chance to look at the end of Chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel and do the self-evaluation test of Christlike attributes (and answer honestly) it'll help you see what you are good at and what to work on next. 

I love you all and hope that you have a great last, or second to last, week of school (if you are still in school). 
 --Elder Ogden--
1 Nefi 4:7 "No obstante, seguí adelante"
  

  
Picture of our Hotels

Study time

Our baptism!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment