Monday, February 26, 2018

Week 31 - Atacames - ¡Semana Una en la Costa!

This week has been great as I am getting to see more of Ecuador. It has been absolutely beautiful the views we get to see, the people we get to meet, and the heat we experience. Everyone is so open to the message here, just we need to work on getting people married. 

To tell a little more about my area. We have a part of Atacames and a small town next to it called Tonsupa. Our sector is basically this long highway that has little streets shooting out from it. We get close to, but not close enough, to the beach. As missionaries we can't enter, but today we played beach volleyball. The majority of people here are African Americans which has been fun getting to talk with them about different beliefs. We take a bus even more than we did in Cotacachi, so we'll see how money goes!

For more about my companion. My companion is a really awesome guy and missionary. He is 23 years old and has already completed some years in a university. He lived just South of Guayaquil here in Ecuador. He is very humble and diligent which has helped me out to be humble and diligent. He also sings very well. I just have to remember to talk with him after my mission :). 

I was told before I came that the coast is like a new world and it really is. The people, the food, the streets, the night-life, the missionary work. I'm going to have to change a lot of things so I can adjust to the needs of people here, but I have a companion that will help me out!

Love you all! I know you all will want pictures, but due to people that think gringos are rich, I won't be taking it with me everywhere. Enjoy the snow!

--Elder Ogden--

FROM SHANE'S EMAIL:
SO we can be on the beach, like today, but we don't get close to the water. I just look at how beautiful it is and think, only a year and a half more! There are more options of fish if we eat out, but I can't say that we will eat fish here a lot. We are still being fed every day, just not as many potatoes as Cotacachi. My elbow made a huge breakthrough, I can extend it completely! I still can't put real heavy weight on it without it hurting, but I'm glad to see improvement. We are still using an internet cafe, but it has air conditioning! We share Atacames with the Hermanas. They have the majority of Atacames and we have the entrance of the city. The district is actually quite big. There are five or six companionships in just our district. Our zone is all on the coast. For that reason, we are practically sealed off from the rest of the mission and will only see the same 26 people for my time here, probably 6 months. Probably. 

My Last day in Cotacachi

Me and my companion

The marriage of one of our investigadors (he's getting married this upcoming Saturday!)

The General view of our house

The Beach. Only 17 more months

Here's a little information from questions Shane had asked:  SO we can be on the beach, like today, but we don't get close to the water. I just look at how beautiful it is and think, only a year and a half more! There is more options of fish, if we eat out, but I can't say that we will eat fish here a lot. We are still being fed everyday, just not as much potatos as Cotacachi. My elbow made a huge breakthrough, I can extend it completely! I still can't put real heavy weight on it without it hurting, but I'm glad to see improvement. We are still using an internet cafe, but it has air conditioning! We share Atacames with the Hermanas. They have the majority of Atacames and we have the entrance of the city. The district as actually quite big. There are five or six companionships in just our district. Our zone is all of the coast. For that reason, we are practically sealed off from the rest of the mission and will only see the same 26 people for my time here, probably 6 months. Probably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment