Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Week 28 - Cotacachi - Love y'all

Just to clarify, I love you all

I start out that way because I need to tell you all something I should have mentioned this last week. The only thing is, I ran out of time. All my loving friends and family will probably not understand how I could not mention this, but, that is the life of a missionary! We were playing soccer this last Monday and all was going pretty well. I did, however, get tripped up from behind and ended up falling down (many will recognize the name floor burn. same in soccer). I don't know why, but I ended up locking up my left arm and heard a slight pop. I instantly got really worried and didn't want to get up. I called our mission nurses and they said to just take some ibuprofen and put ice on it. I did that that night and the following morning. We were out contacting when I looked down at my arm and noticed it all was swollen up. My companion, being the loving companion he is, told me I should call them again. I was informed that they would call a clinic to see if they could look at it. It ended up getting set up for Wednesday. We went to Ibarra, a neighboring town, and met with a doctor. He asked me a few questions and moved my arm a bit (which hurt a lot). He then told me to get an X-Ray just to make sure that nothing was wrong with my bones. I got the X-Ray, returned to his office, and he studied the pictures. I have to say I got really worried as we looked back and forth at these two scans for two minutes. He then informed me that everything is fine and that it is just inflamed. He gave me instructions (one to not move my arm for ten days. I'm on day 4) and we went on our way. I have learned how to write, cook, clean, wash dishes, and study all with my right hand. For those that don't know, I'm left handed. It has been an interesting week. Just to clarify, yes there is still some pain now and then, but EVERYTHING IS FINE. I'm doing okay and we are continuing to work.

This last Sunday happened to be the elections here. It was interesting to hear how different politics and the voting systems are compared to the States. Sí won, whatever that means. 

This next weekend will be more interesting as we will be in a three day lock-in. Ecuador has a festival called carnaval (like carnival). Everyone just throws water balloons and put flour in everyone's hair. For our protection, we will be in our house Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I believe that we will be able to write this next week. If not, I'm not dead. Wish us luck as we exercise, study, and play chess during these 72 hours. 

Love you all and hope you all have a good week!

--Elder Ogden--

No comments:

Post a Comment