Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 78 - Quito - Un Poco Difícil

This week has been a little rough for me and for our sector. But, we've got a new week to help out more people.

This week I had our mission president tell me that it was time for me to get a haircut...I had wanted to before, but we just didn't have the time last week. Just so you know, I got it cut today.

I was thinking about oppostion this week and I had an interesting thought.  We know the scripture from 2 Nephi 2, "For it must needs be, that there is an oppostion in all thing..." We mainly look at this scripture in, what I think, is a negative perspective: "Because I am good or doing something good, this bad thing is happening". However, I saw it through a different light this week. We know there are two forces, one for good and one for evil. Both exist. There cannot be the one without the other. With that in mind we can look at situations we have and say, "Because of this opposition, there is something good I am doing/ could do/ or am." When we look at it in this light, we see our potential and understand who we are. For example, there are many people that suffer with self-esteem. There really isn't a reason why, they just do. But, because this opposition is there, I believe it is because they have some knowledge or lesson they need to learn, possibly understanding who they are. We could apply this to all situations. So, look for the positive! Undestand that when there is an opposition for something we don't know, it may be directly related to something good you should know or do. And then do it! 

I hope you all have a great week and can find the positive in what life throws at us. 


Eating Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment