Sunday, December 16, 2018

Week 69 - Quito - ¡Iluminando a Todos!

So this week was changes and...we both are staying! I'm pretty happy about that. My companion is such a fun guy to be with. However, we had to wait and send missionaries all day today. I did get to see a lot of friends I have made during the mission and my two trainees!!! It was a very happy time

We had two chances to give service this week. One was a plan we had to #LightTheWorld. We, as a zone, went to one of the bus terminals where a lot of people pass by and sang carols and talked with people. It was so much fun! I felt so great afterward, as did every other missionary. It was an awesome activity that we could do to share the light of Christ. The other was for #LightYourCommunity. This one was unexpected. We went to pass by one of our recent converts in the ward when the former bishop greets us at the door. He told us we couldn't share at that moment because they were going to fill up bags of candy for an old folks home. We offered our help and they were willing to accept. That was also a lot of fun. We just put a bunch of candy in bags, and, as you can tell from the picture, I also received some candy (but not a bag!).

We also had the opportunity to ask some questions of some of the rules within the church that we didn't have answers to. The member we talked to went so deep into doctrine. I was honestly so amazed and awestruck. I wanted to learn more, but I realized, I can't. We as missionaries have a very specific library from which we can read. I realized at that moment that it is just better to focus on my own conversion and testimony, so that it'll be strong to front the things ahead. I hope all of you con focus on that too, fortifying yourself. 

I love you all and hope you have a snowy week! 



 
A nativity with Thing One in the manger xD

Talking in the terminal with everyone!

My little meditating hole in the wall

No comments:

Post a Comment