Monday, August 20, 2018

Week 54 - Ibarra - Viajes, Cansadísimo, Personas

Hello all you lovely people. I feel like it has been a while since I have sent anything, so here is another two week email.

First off, my new companion. My new companion is Elder Leighner from Chicago, IL. He was stuck in the States (Washington D.C. South Mission) due to visa problems and is happy to be here now. He equally loves Star Wars as I do and has not (and WILL NOT) reveal any truths behind the eighth movie. Nor should you. His Spanish is actually really good and it seems that it grows drastically every day we are proselyting. Of course, he understands better than he talks (which is normal) and so now we are working on pronunciation. 

Two weeks ago, I had a lot of travels. Monday and half of Tuesday was traveling back and forth from one part of the city (another sector called San Miguel) to our sector, and back again. Tuesday evening, the elder I was with and I went to Quito to split off and sleep at another Elder's house to receive our companions the next day. We then woke up early Wednesday morning and traveled to the center of Quito, where we received our trainees and then...headed back to our sector. Thursday, normal. Friday in the morning I was headed back to Quito for a District Leader training. We came back the same day. Friday, somewhat normal. Saturday we had to travel to the stake center for our Zone Leadership Council and came back midday. Let me just say, the lack of sleep and jet lag are real. I'm still recovering a little bit. For those of you that have to travel for work, I know your pain. Well, maybe a little bit more. 

For this week, we found a hidden community that if someone had not drawn for us a map we would've never known it existed. We also had companion exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I went with Elder Harris (from PG, UT and from my group) which was a blast and I feel we both learned a lot from each other. We then had a Zone Conference which was spectacular and super long (it took up almost the entire day; 11 hours outside of my sector that day). We both are hoping and praying for just a "normal" week this week before my companion has first verifications. But, it isn't looking very good. 

I want to talk a little enduring to the end. As we read in D&C 76, only those that are faithful to the end with receive the Celestial Kingdom. Enduring to the end is key. In my Book of Mormon studies I am at the part when Jesus Christ has just come to the American continent. However, it wasn't a good time before that. The earth had completely changed form. Cities were burned, others sunk into the sea, and others buried by mountains. All of this destruction from one key idea, enduring to the end. We read before all of that that Nephi (the son of Nephi, who was a decendant of Nephi who had left Jerusalem with him family Nephi) tried to help out the people. Their struggle was, belief, fall even farther away, return to God, fall into the depths of despair. They couldn't endure and because of that many of them (until the time of Jesus. Eventually all of them) perished and died. It is vital for all of us to continue, as President Nelson has always said, on the covenant path. In the end, it is the easiest path to follow. So, keep following it!

Thank you all so much for your emails. I love reading, and usually write back, to all of them. Love you all so much and have a great week!

I present, my only son (Brave reference)

New Zone Shirt

Playing chess. hint, I lost pretty bad

No comments:

Post a Comment