Sunday, August 12, 2018

Week 52 - Ibarra - Algunos Cambios

So we had some big changes this week, as it was also the time for changes. But, I'll mention that at the end.

The week was actually a pretty slow week in the missionary work. But, we continue on looking for those that are ready to receive us. However, we are starting to have a bunch of members that are willing, and wanting, to help us out. It is helping us have more people progress to a baptismal date and be prepared to make this huge covenant with the Lord. 

I was reading in Alma 34 this week, feeling a little down, and came upon a verse that I love. Really the whole chapter is amazing and teaches us much about the Atonement of the Savior. The verse reads,

31 Yea, would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for beholdnow is the time and the day of your salvation;  and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you. 


I like some parts of this verse. First, we have an invitation to "harden not [our] hearts any longer". Many of us think of this as not wanting to listen to God, no doing the things we should be, etc. But as I read it with the context of the chapter, I found it could also mean no forgiving ourselves or saying that we cannot be forgiven. The next part is the word NOW. In context, "NOW is the time and the day of [our] salvation." Now, now is the time. We can't wait; we can't put it off. Lastly the word IMMEDIATELY. In context, "Immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought ABOUT unto [us]." This is huge. It doesn't mean after a couple days or weeks. It doesn't mean after we think we have been forgiven. It says immediately it will be brought about us. This verse really struck me as I thought about all the things that happened throughout the week that I could have done better. This verse was an eye opener. I thought back to the talk "One More Day" by Elder Godoy, and a specific part, "One thing is for certain, we'll have a TODAY to live." We have a today to do the things necessary. So, do it!

As for changes. My companion, Elder Porlles has left. He went to Atacames. Now, I think this is hilarious because I went to Atacames, Elder Sangay came from here to Atacames, I came here, Elder Porlles goes to Atacames. We couldn't believe that he was going there, but he is there now. As for me, I am, for the first time in my mission, going to train a new missionary (mi primer hijo as we say in the mission). I'm really nervous, and excited. Nervous because it will be someone from the States and I don't know how much Spanish he knows. Excited because I know it will be a great opportunity to learn. Wish me luck! I'll get to be with him starting Wednesday. I don't know who it is yet, so I'll let you know that next week as well. Love you all! 

Read it (maybe in your language)

New Shoes, Who dis? (James the Mormon reference)

Roasting S'mores (we didn't want to destroy the tile underneath so it is resting on cement) 

Agenda Artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment