Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 11 - Cotacachi - Capilla Abierta

Happy birthday to me!

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes and prayers. I hope everyone was able to have a great day today and find ways to serve others! This week was very different and honestly quite difficult.

We had very little lessons this week because we either were getting ready for our open house or people gave us a rain check. That made the work a lot slower than what it has been. This week has also tried my paciencia (en Español), a lot. But, all is good now and I feel we are ready to hit this week hard.

The open house was awesome! We were able to have eighteen different families want lessons from us. There was a lot of awesome music and dancing and really good food, but what else could you expect? My companion and I were in charge of explaining baptism: the example Christ set and the covenants we make. I also got to help out serving food, picking up trash, and meeting a bunch of awesome people. We had many people attend which was awesome!

I think we have hit rain season. It has either sprinkled or poured every day this week. It has been interesting hearing how it is starting to get cold in the States because it is still normal temperatures here. It was also very interesting attending the Priesthood Session when it was dark and seeing that at Temple Square it was still sunny. I'm always expecting it to be late when it is dark but it is actually 6:30.

Today was our first P-Day that we didn't have a Zone or District activity. So, Elder Alvarado and I were able to do a lot of things you should do on P-Day. We also went and visited some old investigators of Elder Alvarado. One Hermana just got her missionary call to Bolivia and leaves in February. It is weird to think that that was me just a couple months ago it feels like. 

I haven't celebrated much today but I'm sure I will celebrate more tomorrow during our district meeting. I hope all of you are doing well! I've enjoyed hearing from different people about what is going on in their lives and I feel I still have a connection with them. I hope and pray this week goes well for all of you!

--Elder Ogden--
P.S. I will try to respond to all the birthday wishes!

I really don't feel much older and haven't celebrated much. My companion set our alarm to the birthday song in English for me. It was a funny awakening. ¡Te amo

The Famous Angel in Quito Ecuador

Me and Quito (in the Southern Hemisphere might I add)

All the newbies!

The gringo room for General Conference


Our last P-Day


My Zone 

A new waterfall

Me in front of


Same as before

The rain season



How crazy our Zone activities get...

The fun that me and my companion have!



I'm finally caught up on pictures so that should be all from the last two weeks! Now I won't have to bombard you all with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment