Thursday, August 24, 2017

Week 4 - CCM

Hermana and Elder Ogden

Must Be Nearing the End

Hey there y'all!

I must be getting close to the end because we have not had anything exciting happen this week. 

We are on our second to last week which is so weird to think about. I'm so excited for going to meet the people of Ecuador! The Spanish is starting to come in nicely and we are speaking only Spanish for the last two weeks. I really enjoy that. 

I hope the Solar Eclipse was cool! We were told that we could not look at the Sun nor study outside at the end of the eclipse.

Elder Frey and I got the flu this past week. I can tell I am in the recovery stage and Elder Maruyama and I gave Elder Frey a priesthood blessing just this morning. 

Something unexpected happened yesterday. I was getting toast during dinner and I look up and see this Hermana with a name tag that says Hermana Ogden. I went and talked to her and she had said someone told her that I was here. We have absolutely no idea how we are related. She is from Las Vegas, Nevada and is going to serve in the Pocatello, Idaho mission. If anyone knows how we are related that would be great! (there is a picture included)

One quick lesson that we were taught is teaching people not lessons. It is key and vital that we teach like Ammaron and Aaron taught in the Book of Mormon: through the Spirit and by relating everything to them. Seek for the Spirit. Learn from it. Pray to always have it.


That is all I have for this week. Sorry for the short email.

Love you all!
--Elder Ogden--

Fathers Note:  Stanley informed us that he will be traveling to Ecuador on September 5th.  The best I can tell from observing other missionary blogs, is that his new P-Day will be on Monday's.  He is very excited to finally be getting out to teach the people of Ecuador.  He also got to speak German with one of his teachers who served in Mexico and one of his areas was a German speaking colony.  



1 comment:

  1. I love how in the last picture it's so obvious that he's not touching Hermana Ogden. =) What a great, obedient missionary!

    ReplyDelete