Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 34 - Atacames - Faster and Faster

Espero que todo esta bien con todos y ¡que disfrutarán su primero día de primavera!

We had some interesting things happen this week. We were in a lesson with an investigator that is really open to asking questions and really wants to learn of our church. She is usually really Catholic, but there was something about us that she decided to let us in (which she usually doesn't do with missionaries of other churches). Her kids have noticed that as well and so they've asked her a few questions: some about the Book of Mormon and some about us. The funniest and most interesting was if my companion and I were gay. We informed her that we weren't and that we had only known each other for four weeks. She understood that it was more for our security because they do the same thing in her work. It was a question I can't say I was ready for.

My companion and I have agreed that when someone tells us that their friends don't want to listen to us, we have a desire to share with their friends. We stopped by a friend of one of our investigators, and they truly didn't want to listen to us. They didn't even talk to us. But, it turns out that it actually wasn't that right person. We had a good laugh over that.

We tried to wear our suits yesterday for Branch Conference. It was the worst thing we could've done. With our church only being an extention, we don't have air conditioning, just fans blowing. It was not a great time.

Whenever we find someone that doesn't want to listen, we usually say we are going to give a charla franka. I like it better to say we are going to give a Jeffery R. Holland. Basically a charla franka is that we are going to leave them and explain the blessings they'll miss. I like a JRH because we do all of the same things, but with love like him. 

I pray that you all will have a good week and look for the funny things. Love you all!

--Elder Ogden--

Me and my new haircut

Demonstrating my tan line and my new haircut 

And Purple tongue

Since we don't take pictures much, I have to take weird random ones. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment